Tax Senior - Private Client
Anderson Strathern is a large and highly regarded legal firm with an enviable Private Client practice. We seek a Tax Senior to join the tax compliance team. All members of the team have direct involvement with clients and support each other as well as other departments of the firm. Flexible working arrangements including on location, hours and remote-working are all available for this role.
Purpose of the role
To provide a highly effective tax compliance service to clients, and assist colleagues with tax planning and advisory work.
Your role is to:
- Handle a substantial tax compliance workload including self assessment individuals, executries, trusts, and tax repayment claims, seeking technical support when required.
- Work effectively as part of the tax compliance team, assisting with advisory and tax planning work.
- Demonstrate comprehensive and dependable skills across the range of work you do.
- Over time, enhance technical skills through training and experience to develop areas of specialisation in line with Anderson Strathern’s business plan.
You will be expected to:
- Work with enthusiasm and commitment to the team, department, and Anderson Strathern.
- Provide a high level of client service in all work undertaken, maintaining the confidentiality of client and firm information within the department.
- Understand the need for care and diligence in the work of the department, your team and in your own day-to-day practice.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism at all times on issues of ethics and professional conduct.
- Have highly developed organisational skills.
- Deliver on financial targets and agreed goals, appreciating the various demands of the firm and clients and the requirement to deliver cost effective work across all teams and departments.
- Build relationships and gain the respect of clients, referral sources, partners and other professionals.
- Communicate effectively at all levels both within Anderson Strathern and externally by using professional, proactive and positive communication with colleagues and third parties and listening and responding to concerns of partners, staff and clients.
- Make effective use of Anderson Strathern’s IT systems consistently and manage your workload efficiently using them.
- Contribute to the growth of Anderson Strathern by assisting proactively in the development of business from referral sources, intermediaries and existing and new clients.
- Contribute to the profitability of the firm by managing time effectively to maximise the profitability of work and understanding the key financial benchmarks as they apply across the department and team.
You will be expected to demonstrate an ability to:
- Act as a role model to others
- Work with enthusiasm and commitment to the department, team and Anderson Strathern
- Encourage team working
Anderson Strathern is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and to the development of a diverse workforce.
Fill in the form below and a member of our expert team will get back to you.