Pensions for Employers
Our employment pensions practice advises trustees, employers, scheme members and trade unions on all aspects of pensions law – for both private and public sector schemes. We also advise in relation to Small Self-Administered Schemes (SSAS) and Self-Invested Personal Pensions (SIPPs).
We advise on matters including:
- The winding up of final salary schemes
- The amendment of existing schemes or the introduction of new pension arrangements
- The legal issues concerning scheme deficits and the strategies to deal with these
- The pension issues arising from corporate transactions and PFI/PPP deals
- SSASs and SIPPs and employer-related investments
- Complaints under internal dispute resolution procedures and to the Pensions Ombudsman.
We have particular experience in advising clients in the education sector and the public sector generally. This includes working with universities, colleges and independent schools as well as with local authorities, charities and private sector companies providing public services, and advising them in relation to issues arising from their participation in public sector pension schemes.
Our pension specialists will review your scheme documentation and confirm how it operates for employees remaining in employment beyond normal retiring age (NRA) and advise you on what changes, if any, might be required. We will also be able to look at any personal pension schemes which you may contribute to for your employees and advise whether you should consider making any changes to their terms and conditions, particularly concerning eligibility.
Anderson Strathern Asset Management
Alongside our highly experienced pensions practice, businesses can access a fully independent and professional pensions service through Anderson Strathern Asset Management, our financial planning business. They can advise on and assist with:
- The creation and management of employee pension schemes
- Defined benefit schemes
- Your duties as an employer under auto-enrolment
Meet the experts
We're here to help
Need advice on pensions? Speak to our expert team today.
"Their advice is pragmatic, solidly based in case law and employment law and they give me options to consider."