Retail and Leisure
Our experts work with a diverse range of retailers, operators, restauranteurs, franchisees and developers. We regularly advise on deals involving the city centre, local high street, roadside developments, out of town retail parks, shopping centre developments and drive-thru stores.
We work with a diverse range of retailers, operators, restauranteurs, franchisees and developers. We regularly advise on deals involving the city centre, local high street, roadside developments, out of town retail parks, shopping centre developments and drive-thru stores.
We act for some of the sector’s most well-known and prestigious clients, including Gordon Ramsay Restaurants, Dishoom, Wagamama, Iceland, Trespass, Joules, Thomas Sabo, Ortak, Armani, Karl Lagerfield and Slater Menswear to name a few.
We understand that running a retail business comes with many challenges. Our combination of expert advice, unlimited support and fixed fee options, gives you certainty of cost, peace of mind and more time to focus on what is important both for you and for your business.
We anticipate sector trends and provide regular articles and updates to our clients and contacts. We pride ourselves on providing quick and precise advice, helping our clients to adapt to these changing times and to be innovative and firmly looking forward.
Our team is made up of experts with diverse specialisms and experience including:
- Negotiations of new leases, agreements for lease and lease regears;
- Lease management work involving break notices, notices to quit, rent reviews, assignations, licence for works, sub-leases;
- All aspects of licensing including new grants of premises licenses, occasional licenses, late hours catering licenses, personal license renewals and advice on acquisitions of sales in licensed premises;
- Planning and environmental law;
- Financing and refinancing;
- Purchases and sales
- Employment and immigration advice
- Property litigation work including recovery of rent and service charge, dilapidations claims, irritancy of leases, interpretation of leases, removal of unauthorised occupiers and missive and title problems.
- Advice on Land Buildings Transaction Tax (LBTT);