Consent for Energy and Renewables Projects
Obtaining planning consent for energy and renewables projects is a key strategic step and milestone for our clients. At Anderson Strathern, we advise across all sectors and types of energy scheme. Our team is best placed to help you navigate the often complex issues against a changing legal and regulatory background.
We bring our market leading knowledge and experience and tailor it to our clients’ needs. With established relationships with regulators and intermediaries, we have the necessary perspective to provide clear, pragmatic advice and mitigate potential risks.
Through working with a range of clients, our lawyers have built up experience in both the public and private sectors. Our areas of expertise include:
- Section 36 consents
- Planning consents, appeals, permissions
- Environmental impact and habitats regulations assessments
- Risk prevention and management
- Strategic consenting
- Enforcement issues and certificates of lawful use
- Due diligence and contractual protections
- Compulsory purchase and compensation
- Land contamination, remediation, and development
In line with our net-zero ambitions, we are proud to be involved in leading the change to Scotland’s planning laws and regulations to meet the challenges of climate change. All of our lawyers are experts in their field, and whether you have started or are contemplating your next project, we have the experience to ensure that you maximise your success.