Senior Solicitor/Associate - Banking
We have an opportunity for a Senior Solicitor/Associate (3-6 years PQE) within our Banking Team.
The team’s expertise extends to and includes:
- providing advice to both borrowers and funders on Transactions spanning Scotland/England & Wales and with offshore and international aspects;
- acting for institutional funders and investors, corporate groups, property developers, property investors, charities, trusts and individuals in the fields of real estate finance (including development, investment, leisure and healthcare), project finance (including renewables and energy matters), asset finance, secured lending and general banking;
- advising on all types of funding transactions, both secured and unsecured debt, funding, credit and security arrangements, including funding structures, syndicated and bilateral lending, security restructures and re-organisations.
- Clients include Crown Estate Scotland, Apex Hotels, Buccleuch Property, Scotmid, Transport Scotland and Edinburgh Napier University
You will be responsible for
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating loan agreements ( funder proformas and loan market association);
- Reviewing drafting and advising on all forms of security documents, including Debentures, floating chargers, standard securities, share pledges, assignations/assignments in security, guarantees, intercreditor, ranking and subordinations agreements and arrangements and security trust deeds;
- Providing general banking advice to borrowers and funders on facilities and securities;
- Drafting, negotiating and revising relating corporate funding documents;
- Providing support to property and corporate colleagues on the banking and finance requirements of transactions;
- Assisting on referral work from London law firms and others for Scots law banking and finance matters;
- Assisting with legal opinion in respect of banking and finance matters.
The successful candidate should be able to manage a varied workload, be able to work alone and/or as part of a team, and have the ability to deliver a first-class service to our clients.
Don’t just take our word for it…Legal 500 testimonials
“The team is able and willing to discuss the commercial and legal implications and is very responsive. It provides high quality legal advice that adds value.”
“The knowledge within the team is exceptional. Extremely helpful at all times and always available at the end of the phone for advice and direction. We even have our clients asking for us to engage AS to act on our behalf in transactions as the efficiency and quality is second to none.”
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, please complete the form below. Any questions please contact email@example.com.
Anderson Strathern is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and to the development of a diverse workforce. Please complete our Equality and Diversity survey, which is confidential, following this link: Equality and Diversity survey
Fill in the form below and a member of our expert team will get back to you.