Associate/Senior Associate - Healthcare, Regulatory & Public Law Team
Anderson Strathern’s market leading and award-winning healthcare and regulatory team has a vacancy for an experienced and dynamic litigator (PQE 8-10+) with expertise in medical negligence/personal injury and an interest in healthcare related professional regulation
Our medical negligence team, led by Robbie Wilson, an Accredited Specialist in Medical Negligence is recognised as Band 1 (legal directories). Our multi-million pound caseload from birth injury to fatal cases has some of the most interesting and challenging work of this type in Scotland. Our clients vary from individuals to healthcare related clients ie the Royal College of Nursing and General Medical Council meaning we do a wide variety of work from public inquiries, appeals and judicial review in the Court of Session and also personal injury claims, including Long Covid related claims.
This position would suit a highly skilled litigator with experience of dealing with complex cases involving medical negligence/personal injury and strong advocacy skills. You would primarily be working independently and progressing an existing medical negligence and personal injury claims caseload as well as commencing investigations into new claims. Alongside the principal area of work would be an oral advocacy aspect to represent clients at tribunal, panel and committee hearings relevant to professional regulation.
As an Associate/Senior Associate solicitor you will be expected to:
- Understand the specialist practice areas of the team and all relevant court procedures
- Have strong organisational and technology skills together with the ability to develop and progress a busy and interesting case load
- Work independently but always as part of a collaborative team
- Provide exceptional client service and develop client relationships
- Meet agreed fee earning/chargeable hours targets and have an excellent understanding of financial housekeeping issues and commercial awareness.
- Identify and manage risk effectively in your work
- Contribute to the management of the firm through participation in strategic activities
- Represent Anderson Strathern and manage/grow our client/referral relationships to develop business for the firm
- Identify and manage productively business development and cross-selling opportunities
- Build your technical skills/abilities, become/retain recognition as an expert in your chosen field of work and consolidate managerial/business skills
- Manage, supervise and develop team members effectively and in a proactive manner
- Scottish solicitor, qualified approx. 8 – 10+ years PQE
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as an individual and as part of a team
- Willing/able to undertake advocacy, appear in court/at hearings and be involved in the full range of the team’s work, including meeting clients, instructing experts/counsel and progressing court proceedings in both ASPIC and the Court of Session
- Be technically skilled in litigation
- Competitive salary & benefits
Anderson Strathern are an equal opportunities employer. Our policy is to recruit, develop, nurture and retain a diverse workforce following the guidelines of the Equality Act 2010.
Fill in the form below and a member of our expert team will get back to you.