For businesses, the suspicion or exposure of financial crime can be extremely alarming and involve a number of external agencies. Our specialist advisers can guide you through the complex process.
Financial crime can take many guises but our team has the skills to tackle issues involving:
- Corporate Investigations
- Financial Conduct Authority regulation
- Competition and Cartels Investigations
- Confiscation and the Proceeds of Crime
- International Bribery (including the Bribery Act 2010 and Foreign Corrupt Practises Act 1977)
- Anti-Money Laundering Investigations
- Sanctions and Politically Exposed Persons
Our lawyers have experience in these complex areas of the law which often require working as part of a larger global team internationally. We have advised on the most complex High Court prosecutions in Scotland within the last ten years and provide corporate compliance advice on a regular basis to assist corporate clients to avoid any potential litigation.
Our experience in this area has involved a wide range of sectors including government, food and drink, oil and gas, manufacturing and healthcare industries.
Meet the experts
We're here to help
Have questions for our financial crime team? Contact us here:
"The legal team worked very well together; all ‘singing from the same hymn sheet’ and were able to fill me with confidence that I had their support throughout."