Senior Solicitor/Associate - Dispute Resolution
We have an opportunity for a Senior Solicitor or Associate within our Healthcare, Regulatory & Public Law Team, ideally 3-5 years PQE, based in either our Edinburgh office or Glasgow office.
This position would suit a litigator with good all round experience, including advocacy, sheriff court and the Court of Session.
The team specialises in personal injury and medical negligence, professional regulation, judicial review and appeals to the Inner House of the Court of Session. Our work covers the Court of Session, the sheriff court (mainly in the All Scotland Specialist Personal Injury Court) and appearing at a wide range of tribunals, panels, and committees. Our clients range from individuals who’ve suffered serious injury or traumatic events to representative organisations and public/regulatory bodies.
The successful candidate will:
Understand the specialist practice areas of the team and all relevant court procedures
- Willing/able to undertake advocacy, appear in court/at hearings and be involved in the full range of the team’s work, including meeting clients
- Have strong organisational skills and the ability to develop and progress a busy and interesting caseload
- Work independently but always as part of a collaborative team
- Provide exceptional client service and develop client relationships
- Meet agreed fee earning/chargeable hours targets and have an excellent understanding of financial housekeeping issues
- Able to identify and manage risk effectively in your work
- Able to demonstrate experience in business development activities
Award Winning Team
The role will be based in the team which won Litigation Team of the Year at the 2018 Scottish Legal Awards. The team is also highly ranked in the legal directories in its specialist areas and has several leading individuals, including Robbie Wilson, Head of Medical Negligence, Gary Burton, an Accredited Specialist in Professional Conduct Law and the team Leader, Catriona Watt.
Don’t just take our word for it…Legal 500/Chambers & Partners and client testimonials
“My impression of Anderson Strathern is one of excellence.”
“They are an excellent firm with a well-deserved reputation in this field.”
“Anderson Strathern has built up an enviable practice due to its client base and with the involvement of their litigation solicitors.”
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, please complete the form below. Any questions please contact email@example.com.
Anderson Strathern is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and to the development of a diverse workforce. Please complete our Equality and Diversity survey, which is confidential, following this link: Equality and Diversity survey.
Fill in the form below and a member of our expert team will get back to you.