We have an opportunity for a Solicitor within our Commercial Real Estate department, ideally 0-3 years PQE, based in our Edinburgh office.
The team’s expertise extends to all aspects of commercial property and property finance work including investment, development, sales and acquisitions, leasing and corporate support across the housing, retail, leisure, energy, manufacturing and education sectors. Whatever support our clients need, our expert Solicitors can help.
You will be responsible for
- Involvement in land acquisition and disposal transactions for a variety of clients including developers, housing associations, and other commercial clients
- Dealing with leasing work acting for both landlords and tenants in the retail, industrial and office sectors, including day to day management, agreements for leases for new build premises and assignations and sub-letting
- Assisting in commercial investment purchase and sale transactions, including cross-border support work
- Assisting on the property and the finance aspects of major industrial infrastructure projects
- Assisting on land tax support for a wide variety of property transactions
- Providing support to corporate colleagues on the property due-diligence requirements of corporate transactions
- Acting for a local authority on the provision of property advice on a strategic industrial facility
- Providing property and finance support to banks, funders and borrowers on lending and security transactions
- The provision of property and property finance advice for large landowner commercial organisations
- Assisting with the preparation, revision and negotiation of facility and security documentation
- Working closely with the firm’s corporate, insolvency, construction, planning, dispute resolution and industry leading rural specialists.
In addition to demonstrating relevant legal expertise, the successful candidate must demonstrate experience in business development activities. The successful candidate should be able to manage a varied workload, be able to work alone and/or as part of a team, and have the ability to deliver a first-class service to our clients. Read more about our People here: Our People – Commercial Property
This role will be working closely with our highly experienced Commercial Property team including Partners Euan Mellor and Gillian Anderson who leads our Finance Sector Group.
Don’t just take our word for it…Legal 500 testimonials
“The team is able and willing to discuss the commercial and legal implications and is very responsive. It provides high quality legal advice that adds value.”
“The knowledge within the team is exceptional. Extremely helpful at all times and always available at the end of the phone for advice and direction. We even have our clients asking for us to engage AS to act on our behalf in transactions as the efficiency and quality is second to none.”
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, please complete the form below. Any questions please contact email@example.com.
Anderson Strathern is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and to the development of a diverse workforce. Please complete our Equality and Diversity survey, which is confidential, following this link: Equality and Diversity survey.
Fill in the form below and a member of our expert team will get back to you.