Solicitor - Associate - Private Client
We have an opportunity for a Solicitor within our Private Client department, ideally 3/4 + years PQE, based in our Glasgow office.
Our expertise, built up over decades, allows us to advise every client according to their own unique circumstances to find the solution that works for them and their families. We provide a wide range of specialist services including wealth management, trusts, tax planning and family office services.
The role will involve
- Managing a complex and busy workload
- Meeting clients and advising on wills, powers of attorney and executries
- Succession, asset protection, and tax planning advice
- Drafting and ongoing managements of Trusts
- Power of Attorney administration and adults with incapacity work
- Participating in the business development initiatives of the department and firm
- Supporting Knowledge Management for the department
- Managing and supervising junior fee earners
In addition to demonstrating relevant legal expertise, the successful candidate must demonstrate experience in business development activities. The successful candidate should be able to manage a varied workload, be able to work alone and/or as part of a team and have the ability to deliver a first-class service to our clients.
What you will need to succeed
- Experience in private client work
- Strong technical and IT skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Well organised, methodical, and able to prioritise workload
- Ability to meet agreed fee earning targets and have an understanding of financial issues relevant to your role
- Ability to manage time effectively to maximise the profitability of your work and be developing your organisational skills
- Ability to develop client relationship and client care skills by delivering high-quality advice
- STEP qualified
This role will be working closely with our partner, Siobhan McGuigan.
Don’t just take our word for it…Legal 500 testimonials
“I am impressed by how Anderson Strathern manage to combine the professionalism of a large firm with the empathy you would expect from a sole practitioner”
“They are friendly and at the same time professional and knowledgeable. They pitch their advice at just the correct level and understand that as a smaller firm I don’t have the depth of knowledge and resources in more specialised matters which they have. Unlike some other firms, I have dealt with they are happy to take the level back to basics if that is what is needed. I have no hesitation in approaching them on any matter.”
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, please complete the form below. Any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anderson Strathern is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and to the development of a diverse workforce. Please complete our Equality and Diversity survey, which is confidential, following this link: Equality and Diversity survey.
Fill in the form below and a member of our expert team will get back to you.