Senior Solicitor – Commercial Real Estate
We have an opportunity for a Senior Solicitor (2-4 years PQE) within our Edinburgh Commercial Property Team.
The team’s expertise extends to and includes:
- A range of property development projects including long-term regeneration work, town centre redevelopment, and stand-alone property developments across the housing, retail, leisure, energy, manufacturing and education sectors.
- Renewable energy work – both for landowners and developers
- Leasing – landlord and tenant
- Corporate support
Whatever support our clients need, from planning permission and permitted development to environmental policy and commercial leases, our expert Solicitors can help.
Our Commercial Property clients include Crown Estate Scotland, Apex Hotels Limited, Edinburgh Airport, Buccleuch Property, Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service, Scotmid, Scottish Water, Transport Scotland, Edinburgh Napier University, Dundas Estates & Development Co Limited, Klondyke Garden Centres and Sky Entertainment.
You will be responsible for
- Involvement in land acquisition and disposal transactions for a variety of clients including developers, hotel operators, and other commercial clients
- Dealing with leasing work acting for both landlords and tenants in the retail, industrial and office sectors, including day to day management, agreements for leases for new build premises and assignations and sub-letting
- Assisting in commercial investment purchase and sale transactions, including cross-border support work
- Acting for a variety of public bodies on the provision of property advice in relation to their estates strategies, including estate management, disposal of surplus assets, and acquisitions
- Assisting on the property aspects of energy projects both onshore and offshore
- Assisting on land tax support for a wide variety of property transactions
- Providing support to corporate colleagues on the property due-diligence requirements of corporate transactions
In addition to demonstrating relevant legal expertise, the successful candidate must demonstrate experience in business development activities. The successful candidate should be able to manage a varied workload, be able to work alone and/or as part of a team, and have the ability to deliver a first-class service to our clients.
This role will be working closely with Partners Gavin Thain and Deborah Lovell who each have over 20 years’ experience in all aspects of commercial property.
Don’t just take our word for it…Legal 500 testimonials
“Breadth and depth of specialist people is impressive. Proactive not reactive.”
“The knowledge within the team is exceptional. Extremely helpful at all times and always available at the end of the phone for advice and direction. We even have our clients asking for us to engage AS to act on our behalf in transactions as the efficiency and quality is second to none.”
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, please complete the form below. Any questions please contact email@example.com.
Anderson Strathern is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and to the development of a diverse workforce. Please complete our Equality and Diversity survey, which is confidential, following this link: Equality and Diversity survey.
Fill in the form below and a member of our expert team will get back to you.