This is an exciting opportunity to join our Shetland team in a busy and varied role based at the firm’s modern offices at North Ness Business Park, Lerwick.
The Shetland office’s client base includes private clients, families, landowners and SMEs, with practice areas focused on residential property, private client, commercial property, crofting and other work related to commercial business clients. You will be the first person to meet or greet clients either in person or on the phone and have a key role in ensuring the Anderson Strathern experience is a very positive one. You will also provide secretarial support to the solicitors/fee earners and carry out other routine office tasks.
You will be responsible for
- Welcoming clients, visitors and contractors to our office, establishing a discrete yet personal welcome and a seamless service throughout their guest journey
- Registering visitors and issuing/retrieving visitors’ passes
- Answering phone calls and forwarding these to the appropriate person timeously
- Dealing with estate agency enquiries by telephone and email; and organising property viewings, including liaising with the firm’s viewing agent
- Diary management for partners/fee earners
- Allocating/saving emails received into the general Lerwick office mailbox
- Daily scanning of incoming post
- Ensuring the reception waiting area is maintained at all times – including general tidiness and the upkeep and restocking refreshments are available
- Ensuring all visitors and phone calls are dealt with promptly and professionally
- Some audio and copy typing
- General administrative tasks including filing and printing, document indexing and title enquiries/research for fee earners
What you will need to succeed
- Previous experience in a legal receptionist/secretarial role
- Accurate typing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and organisation skills
- Understanding and adhering to client confidentiality in all aspects of work
- Experience of MS Office, particularly formatting in Word and the use of Outlook. Working knowledge of Excel and Access would also be advantageous
- Experience of a legal case management system would be desirable
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, please complete the form below. Any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anderson Strathern is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and to the development of a diverse workforce. Please complete our Equality and Diversity survey, which is confidential, following this link: Equality and Diversity survey.
Fill in the form below and a member of our expert team will get back to you.