Paralegal/Legal Executive - Private Client
We have a vacancy for a Trainee Paralegal/Legal Executive to join our Private Client Department in Edinburgh. This is one of the largest departments in the Firm and one of the largest Private Client departments in the country.
The department is split into teams and provide a range of services to our clients such as succession planning, family office services, wills, trusts, tax planning and wealth planning.
The successful candidate will be supporting our solicitors and Partners in dealing with primarily the administration of estates and also some will and power of attorney drafting. You will be supported by your team members and our experienced legal executives in dealing with individual cases.
The role will involve
- Working alongside solicitors and legal executives dealing with administration of estates of private clients to include investigation of estate; reporting of estate on HMRC forms and for the Sheriff Court; ingathering of estate; arranging payment of legacies
- Dealing with intestate cases, preparing Initial Writs for appointment of Executors Dative and bonds of caution
- Reporting directly to clients
- Arranging payment of items on behalf of clients and assistance with preparation of fees
- Drafting of legal documents for both estate administration as well as wills and powers of attorney
What you will need to succeed
- Good communication and IT skills
- Well organised, methodical, ability to prioritise workload manage your time effectively
- Ability to meet agreed fee earning targets
- Ability to develop client relationship and client care skills by delivering high-quality advice
- A desire to build up technical knowledge in this area and drafting skills
We provide expert advice on Will and Succession Planning, Trusts, and Tax. Our friendly teams have Law Society of Scotland accredited specialists in trusts law, members of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), and Chartered Tax Advisors. We have one of the largest Private Client teams in Scotland. Read about our expertise here:
Don’t just take our word for it…….Legal 500 and Chambers testimonials
Anderson Strathern’ s Private Client team is noted for its representation of many of Scotland’s wealthiest families, for whom it regularly provides a ‘first-class service’.
David Campbell …dealt with all aspects efficiently, making the whole process more pleasant than it could have been.
Anderson Strathern have a very strong team with outstanding attention to detail and very prompt responses to any questions raised.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, please complete the form below. Any questions please contact email@example.com.
Anderson Strathern is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and to the development of a diverse workforce. Please complete our Equality and Diversity survey, which is confidential, following this link: Equality and Diversity survey.
Fill in the form below and a member of our expert team will get back to you.