Legal PA - Lerwick
This is an exciting opportunity for a Legal PA to join our Shetland team in a busy and varied role based at the firm’s modern offices at North Ness Business Park, Lerwick.
Anderson Strathern LLP merged with Lerwick-based Neil Risk Solicitor in April 2021 and we’re now seeking to recruit a Legal PA. The Shetland office’s client base includes private clients, families, landowners and SMEs, with practice areas focused on conveyancing work, private client, crofting law with some commercial work.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Legal PA to join our Shetland team in a busy and varied role based at the firm’s modern offices at North Ness Business Park, Lerwick. You will be providing secretarial support to the solicitors, as well as some reception duties and other routine office tasks.
You will be responsible for
- Formatting complex legal documents
- Drafting and finalising client invoices
- Drafting general documents and correspondence
- Opening of new clients and matters including carrying out anti-money laundering checks
- Liaising with fee earners and cash room department to make transfers/payments to clients
- Audio and copy typing accurately and efficiently
- Diary management for fee earners/partners
- General administrative tasks including filing, scanning and printing
What you will need to succeed
- Previous Legal secretarial experience
- Fast and accurate typing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Understanding and adhering to client confidentiality in all aspects of work
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Advanced MS Office, particularly formatting in Word and the use of Outlook. Working knowledge of Excel would also be advantageous
- Experience of a legal case management system would be desirable
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, please complete the form below. Any questions please contact email@example.com.
Anderson Strathern is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and to the development of a diverse workforce. Please complete our Equality and Diversity survey, which is confidential, following this link: Equality and Diversity survey.
Fill in the form below and a member of our expert team will get back to you.