IT Systems Engineer - Edinburgh
We have an opportunity for an experienced IT Systems Engineer to join our IT Department in our Edinburgh office.
Reporting to the Head of IT and Information Security, the main purpose of the role is to maintain and protect the firm’s infrastructure through the maintenance and development of technology systems to support the firm’s business objectives.
You will be responsible for
- Provide 2nd and 3rd Line Support in all technical areas
- Point of escalation for Service Desk taking ownership of any business critical 3rd line support tickets through to resolution
- Manage security incidents and alerts flagged by Darktrace
- Conducting vulnerability scanning to find and remediate issues, using Tenable.io
- Working with the senior IT Team members and third parties to improve the organisation’s overall security
- Proactively manage deployment, planning and maintenance of software and hardware in conjunction with Senior IT Systems Engineer
- Manage day-to-day operational tasks and projects
- Ensure documentation for all tasks undertaken is updated and appropriately stored
What you will need to succeed
- It is essential that you are a resilient problem solver who can think on their feet
- Confidence in making decisions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Experience managing security events from an internal or external sources
- Identity and Access Management principles and best practices
- Experience in a 3rd Line Service Desk Analyst role with exposure to….
Windows 11 Windows Server 2016, 2019, 2022, SQL Server, RDS
Intune, Azure AD
VMWare, Hyper V Virtualisation Cloud Platforms, Storage Solutions NetApp
- Patch deployment and software upgrades using SCCM/Intune
- HP\Dell server and networking hardware
- Desirable but not essential experience with software used in the Legal Sector such as iManage Work, Mimecast, Bighand, Aderant
- Understanding of regulations that apply to accreditations such as ISO27001, CE+, GDPR
- Full UK Driving License
Anderson Strathern are an equal opportunities employer. Our policy is to recruit, develop, nurture and retain a diverse workforce following the guidelines of the Equality Act 2010.
Fill in the form below and a member of our expert team will get back to you.