General Litigation Solicitor
An exciting new vacancy has arisen for a general litigation Solicitor within our Dispute Resolution department based in the Edinburgh office. Our ideal candidate will have previous experience in general personal injury and commercial litigation disputes and will have 2-3 years PQE.
Anderson Strathern is among the best firms of commercial litigation solicitors in the country. They have long and deep experience of working with counsel on large commercial disputes before the Court of Session, especially its commercial court, and on appeal all the way to the Supreme Court. Their team, from new qualified to experienced partners, are all knowledgeable, motivated and cohesive. They are quick and efficient in following up on all enquiries, preparations and tactics advised by counsel.
In a major construction project-related dispute resolution context, the firm has a powerful team of dedicated lawyers at a variety of experience levels looking after the procedure, substance and management of the dispute. The breadth of skills and experience is helping us reach successful outcomes.
You will be responsible for:
- Advising corporate and commercial clients, local authorities, public bodies and private individuals.
- Acting on behalf of clients in the resolution of (primarily) disputes, including, cases in the Sheriff Court, Court of Session, and through alternative dispute resolution methods and Fatal Accident Inquiries.
- Taking statements, attending consultations, drafting pleadings, instructing expert witnesses, appearing in the Sheriff Court and preparing cases for proofs, debates and Fatal Accident Inquiries.
- Providing clear commercial advice to clients
- Looking for opportunities to assist and develop Anderson Strathern’s commercial litigation business
- The work includes a varied work load of high quality cases, covering commercial, contractual and public law work.
- Candidates will have a thorough understanding of Court of Session, Sheriff Court and ADR procedures and a strong desire to build and develop their skills and practice in these areas.
What you’ll need to succeed
- A good knowledge of general personal injury and commercial litigation and experience in conducting or assisting with disputes
- Experience of appearing in court and developed good advocacy skills.
- Meet agreed fee earning targets and have an understanding of key financial issues relevant to your role
- Ability to work well as an individual and as part of a team
- Manage time effectively to maximise the profitability of your work and be developing your organisational skills
- Develop your client relationship and client care skills
- Commit to your personal development and the development of technical skills and know-how.
What you’ll get in return
You will be paid a salary which is competitive in the market as well as an excellent benefits package, you will also have the opportunity to liaise with senior stakeholders and build your career in a dynamic and energetic environment. There are excellent prospects for progression within this role and within the firm as a whole.
Don’t just take our word for it…Legal 500/Chambers & Partners and client testimonials
“My impression of Anderson Strathern is one of excellence.”
“They are an excellent firm with a well-deserved reputation in this field.”
“Anderson Strathern has built up an enviable practice due to its client base and with the involvement of their litigation solicitors.”
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and current salary level.
Anderson Strathern is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and to the development of a diverse workforce. Please complete our Equality and Diversity survey, which is confidential, following this link: Equality and Diversity survey.
Fill in the form below and a member of our expert team will get back to you.