General Litigation Solicitor (2-4 years PQE)
An exciting new vacancy has arisen for a general litigation Solicitor within our Dispute Resolution department based in the Edinburgh office.
Our ideal candidate will have previous experience in general personal injury, health and safety and Fatal Accident Inquiries and will have 2-4 years PQE.
The team has a wealth of experience in helping businesses of all sizes, shapes, and sectors with resolving disputes. Whether it’s a sole trader, large PLC, or public body based in Scotland, elsewhere in the UK, or internationally, we can help with litigation needs. Specifically we are looking for a candidate to work with some of our top 10 clients, namely the Scottish Government and the Scottish Prison Service.
You will be responsible for:
- Advising corporate and commercial clients, local authorities, public bodies, and private individuals.
- Acting on behalf of clients in the resolution of (primarily) disputes, including, cases in the Sheriff Court, Court of Session, and through alternative dispute resolution methods and Fatal Accident Inquiries.
- Taking statements, attending consultations, drafting pleadings, instructing expert witnesses, appearing in the Sheriff Court, and preparing cases for proofs, debates, and Fatal Accident Inquiries.
- Providing clear commercial advice to clients.
- Looking for opportunities to assist and develop Anderson Strathern’s commercial litigation business.
- The work includes a varied workload of high-quality cases, defending motor, employer and public liability claims both at the pre-litigation and litigated stage.
- Candidates will have a thorough understanding of the Compulsory Pre- Action Protocol, and procedure in the Court of Session and Sheriff Court and a strong desire to build and develop their skills and practice in these areas
In addition to demonstrating relevant legal expertise, the successful candidate must demonstrate experience in business development activities. The successful candidate should be able to manage a varied workload, be able to work alone and/or as part of a team, and have the ability to deliver a first-class service to our clients.
This role will be working closely with Partner, Katrina Lumsdaine, and Director, Sarah Phillips as well as supporting the wider commercial litigation department.
Read more about the team’s expertise here:
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, please complete the form below. Any questions please contact email@example.com.
Anderson Strathern is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and to the development of a diverse workforce. Please complete our Equality and Diversity survey, which is confidential, following this link: Equality and Diversity survey.
Fill in the form below and a member of our expert team will get back to you.