Assistant Administrator - Commercial Real Estate
An exciting new vacancy have arisen in our Commercial Real Estate department in Edinburgh for an Assistant Administrator who is keen to learn and looking to develop a career as a Legal PA within Anderson Strathern.
You will work primarily in our Commercial Real Estate department, providing junior PA and administrative support and working closely with the other Legal PAs. Flexibility is key as there may be a requirement to support other departments within the firm if needed. The tasks you will carry out may include, but will not be limited to, the list below.
You will receive excellent training from our Learning & Development team as well as Department specific training from the PAs within Commercial Real Estate and the wider PA Services team.
The role will involve
- Scanning, saving, and distributing incoming mail
- Photocopying, scanning, printing, binding, filing, and archiving
- Supporting the preparation of bulk documentation, files, and bundles
- Using PDF Docs to pull complex legal documents together, paginating papers, and reducing file sizes
- Helping to maintain our Interaction database
- Making hand deliveries
- Assisting with legal secretarial duties (including dictation, formatting and amending documents, raising invoices, and completing Cashroom forms)
- Assisting with ad-hoc departmental projects
- Assisting with billing for Department and wider firm clients, including producing fee breakdowns; producing, amending and reformatting lengthy documents in firm style, comparing documents, completing expenses claims, opening new matters and Data Room management.
What you will need to succeed
- Have good computer skills including Word and Outlook (PowerPoint and Excel would be helpful but not absolutely necessary)
- Confidence working with figures
- Good communication skills with the ability to listen and to liaise and work well with partners, fee earners, business support staff, and other PAs
- Demonstrate common sense and a methodical approach
- Have good presentation skills with an eye for detail
- Act professionally and be a representative for the firm
- Work with enthusiasm, commitment, and flexibility
- Ideally candidates should have National 5 (or equivalent/demonstrable ability) in English
- A genuine desire to develop a Legal PA career within a legal office
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, please complete the form below. Any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anderson Strathern is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and to the development of a diverse workforce. Please complete our Equality and Diversity survey, which is confidential, following this link: Equality and Diversity survey.
Fill in the form below and a member of our expert team will get back to you.