Karyn is a partner in our Corporate group.
She has over 25 years’ construction industry experience and is accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a specialist in Construction Law. She is a member of Construction Scotland Industry Leadership Group which plays a crucial role in shaping and delivering Scotland’s economic ambitions. Karyn is New York bar qualified and is a qualified mediator.
She is on the Consultative Committee and in the drafting team of the Scottish Building Contracts Committee (SBCC) and also acts for the National Specialist Contractors Council (NSCC). She leads major projects on behalf of both local authorities and the private sector, involving complex strategic procurement and project issues. In recognition of her contribution to the industry, Karyn was awarded an Honorary Fellowship of the RIAS in 2013.
Recent projects include:
• The Aberdeen schools 3Rs project
• Edinburgh Napier’s £78m project
• Aberdeen University library project £50m (on behalf of the main contractor)
• Construction aspect of City Legacy (the Commonwealth Games athlete’s village)
• Isle of Wight schools project (£35 million)
Tel: 0131 625 8154